TOTO-TASVEER AWARDS 2019
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA), in association with TASVEER, invites applications for its 2019 TOTO-TASVEER Awards for Photography from persons between the ages of 18 and 29. To mark the fifteenth year of the TOTO Awards, the cash prize for each of the two winners has been increased to Rs 50,000. The winners will be decided by an independent panel of jurors. Entries should reach TFA by 20 August 2018 at the latest.
Only Indian citizens resident in India are eligible to apply. (Overseas Citizen of India card-holders are not eligible.) And since the spirit of the award is to identify promising young photographers, you can apply if you were born on or after 1 January 1989. No exceptions will be made.
- The submission should comprise still images, in either colour or black-and-white, or a mix of the two. Video photography will not be accepted.
- The images should be of a size between a minimum of 0.5 MB and a maximum of 1 MB each.
- The images should form a series with a theme. You may submit one or two series of photographs, but each series must comprise a maximum of 16 images, and a minimum of 8. Please do not send a random assortment of images.
- The photographs should be sent in .jpg format only.
- The submission should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line reading ‘Entry for Photography Awards 2019’. The submission must be accompanied by an application form completed and signed by the applicant. The application form is available here. The application form can also be requested by writing to the above-mentioned email address.
Unless you have won this TOTO Award earlier, you are eligible to apply again, but please submit new work for consideration.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com No queries will be answered on the phone.
The Fine Print
The decision of the jury will be final and cannot be contested in any forum. We reserve the right to use your submitted photographs (if necessary) to promote the TOTO-TASVEER Awards either on our blog or the TASVEER website or in any of our in-house/related materials. Barring this, the copyright rests with the applicants and the submissions will be put to no other use without their express permission.
The winning applicants need to ensure that their winning photographs carry due credit/mention of the TOTO-TASVEER Award wherever they are exhibited or published for a period of two years post the 2019 TOTO Awards Ceremony
TASVEER is an organisation committed to showcasing the finest in photography.
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA) is a not-for-profit public trust set up in memory of Angirus ‘Toto’ Vellani, who was intensely passionate about music, literature and films.