THE TOTO AWARD FOR DIGITAL ART 2023
(in memory of Mehlli Gobhai, one of India’s foremost artists)
CALL FOR ENTRIES
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA) invites entries for its 2023 TOTO Award for Digital Art from applicants between the ages of 18 and 29. This is the first award to recognise the growing field of digital art in India.
A winner, to be decided by an independent panel of jurors, will receive a cash prize of Rs 50,000. Entries must be an original creation and should reach TFA by 15 September 2022 at the latest.
Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply (Overseas Citizen of India cardholders are not eligible). Since the spirit of the award is to identify promising young digital artists, you can apply if your birthday falls between 1 January 1993 and 1 January 2005. No exceptions will be made. Applications submitted by galleries or agencies on behalf of the artist will not be accepted. Artists themselves need to apply.
1. The submission should comprise digitally drawn or created still images. Computer generated images including digital painting and 2D or 3D graphics are permitted.
2. The images should be screen resolution – 72dpi and 1500 pixels on the long side – and each file should be under 3 MB.
3. You should submit a minimum of 8 images and maximum of 16. Number your images (1, 2, 3, 4 etc., followed by the title of each image if any. Each image must be supported by a short statement/description (see Application Form).
4. The images should be sent in JPEG or PNG format only.
5. The images submitted MUST NOT carry your name or watermark.
6. The submission should be sent in two parts: 1. fill out the online application form, and 2. email your images separately to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line reading Entry for the Digital Art Award 2023 - <Insert your full name>.
7. Shortlisted applicants will be required to submit the original file in layers.
8. Ineligible entries:
a) animated or moving entries such as GIFs.
b) images that are manually drawn and scanned into digital format.
c) images commissioned or created for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes.
d) images that infringe the intellectual property rights of other people.
APPLICATION FORM: https://forms.gle/M2WdQyHB5AV3c6zn6
If you have any questions, please email digiart.tfa.gmail.com
The Fine Print:
The decision of the jury will be final and cannot be contested in any forum. We reserve the right to use your submission (if necessary) to promote the Award either on our blog/website or in any of our in-house/related materials. Barring this, the copyright rests with the applicants and the submission will be put to no other use without their express permission.
The successful applicant must mention receiving the “TOTO Award for Digital Art 2023” wherever their winning entry is exhibited or published for a period of two years following the announcement of the 2023 TOTO Digital Art Award.
This award is supported by the Estate of the late Mehlli Gobhai,
one of India’s finest abstract artists
Toto Funds the Arts (TFA) is a not-for-profit public trust set up in memory of Angirus ‘Toto’ Vellani, who was intensely passionate about music, literature and films. TFA encourages and supports emerging talent in the arts in India.