TOTO AWARDS 2022
CALL FOR ENTRIES
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA) invites entries for the 2022 TOTO Awards for Short Film from persons between the ages of 18 and 29. Filmmakers can submit short fiction, non-fiction, animation or mixed-genre films. Advertising films, Public Service films and Promotional films will not be accepted.
Two winners, to be decided by an independent panel of jurors, will receive a cash prize of Rs 50,000 each. Entries should reach TFA by 15 September 2021 at the latest.
The awards are meant only for Indian citizens residing in India. (Overseas Citizen of India cardholders are not eligible.) And, since the spirit of the awards is to identify promising young filmmakers, you can apply if your birthday falls between 1 January 1992 and 1 January 2004. No exceptions will be made.
The Application Form is available at https://bit.ly/3iX713b or can be obtained by request from firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may submit up to a maximum of 3 short films in any language with English subtitles.
- The films should not be longer than 30 minutes each and must be submitted in MP4 format only.
- Only films completed after 1 July 2019 will be eligible. This extension to the time period is being made due to the pandemic.
- Films submitted to TFA awards previously are not eligible.
- The award will go to the director of the film. Films with more than one director will not be accepted. Only individuals can apply. Institutions can ONLY submit a film on behalf of the individual director of the film.
- Unless you have won a TOTO Award in this category earlier, you are eligible to apply.
A link and password to the preview copy of the film must be included in the application form. The preview copy can be made available on any site. Your submission should be available to us until after the winners are announced in early 2022.
If you have any doubts do email us at email@example.com.
The Fine Print: The decision of the TFA jury will be final and cannot be contested in any forum. We reserve the right to use excerpts from your submitted films (if necessary) to publicise the awards either on our blog or in any other in-house materials such as a newsletter. Otherwise, the copyright rests with the filmmaker and your submission will be put to no other use without your express permission.
Successful applicants need to ensure that their winning films carry due credit/mention of the TOTO Awards wherever they are exhibited or screened for a period of two years after the winners are announced in early 2022.
The TOTO Short Film Awards are supported by O2 Financials, a wealth management and investment company.
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA) is a not-for-profit public trust set up in the memory of Angirus ‘Toto’ Vellani, who was intensely passionate about music, literature and films.
TFA encourages and supports emerging talent in the arts in India.